Feel free to Contact Us for all of your enquiries.
What does the kanji stand for?
- Musha No Keshin, which means The Warrior Incarnate or Incarnation of the Warrior. It's about being disciplined and dedicated in all of your life's endeavours - getting up on those cold mornings, always working hard and honestly, training hard and consistently. In your martial art it's about becoming one with your environment and anticipating, not reacting to, the world around you.
Is the ligthweight ribbed Polycotton fabric 8oz or 9oz?
- It's actually around 8.4oz. We're in the process of updating the web site to change all references to it to 8oz.
Can you ship internationally?
- Absolutely! Freight costs varies from country to country, as do delivery times, but we ship worldwide. We are working on having local distributors in some countries.
Are your products NZ made?
- All our products are designed in New Zealand and manufactured offshore.
The uniform is too big!
- Ensure you choose your uniform carefully. On this site we give advice to help you choose the correct size.
- Our karate uniforms feature an extra long jacket, which may reach your knees when the uniform is new. This is to cater for shrinkage, it will settle into the correct size (3/4 of thigh length) after a number of washes.
- Our Taekwon-Do uniforms also feature a slightly longer jacket than many others on the market, for the same reason.
How much do your uniforms shrink?
Our testing has shown on average the lightweight ribbed uniforms (Ignite, Excite, Enhance and Empower) uniforms will shrink 2-3%, and the Incite and Incarnate uniforms will shrink 6-7% through their life assuming the wash & care instructions are followed. Note all fabrics continue to shrink through their useful life, and the amount is very dependent on how they are washed and cared for.
Can I try before I buy?
- We do not have a physical public store, however to customers in Wellington we can offer trial fittings by appointment.
What makes Sapius uniforms better than others on the market?
- There are many brands available on the market, of all prices and levels of quality. We are confident that our uniforms are both top quality and value for money, and on this site we openly explain their features and how to care for them. Our uniforms have distinctively long jackets when new, designed to cater for shrinkage so they will look better, for longer!
Are your Taekwon-Do uniforms/Doboks approved by ITF?
- Yes, our uniforms have been approved by ITF and we strictly adhere to their Dobok guidelines.
How effective is your Compression Wear given its wide neck line and shorter sleeves/pants?
- Our Compression Wear is designed to be concealed under martial arts uniforms (and any other clothes). There is a loss of benefit from the wide neck line and shortened sleeves/pants, compared to higher-coverage compression garments. But we are confident that our Compression Wear is a very good compromise allowing you to gain the many benefits of compression while training, compared to not being able to wear compression gear at all.
I'm a reseller - can I begin stocking the Sapius brand?
- Please Contact Us to discuss reseller opportunities.
Who took all those awesome photos?